Direct debit request service agreement terms and conditions
You have entered, or are about to enter, into an arrangement to make payments to Power and Water Corporation
(Debit User ID 014449) by direct debit.
These conditions set out the terms on which we accept and act under a direct debit Request you provide authorising
us to debit amounts from your nominated account through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS). These
conditions are in addition to your payment obligations to us.
Please keep a copy of these conditions. They set out your rights and obligations to Power and Water Corporation
during the term of your direct debit arrangement.
What you need to know about direct debit
- We will send you a confirmation letter to your postal address outlining details of your direct debit request.
- When we receive your direct debit request, we will start the deductions you requested: If you select total bill
amount, we’ll deduct the full amount on the due date shown on the bill. If the due date falls on a weekend or
public holiday, the deduction will be made the next business day.
- You must ensure there are sufficient funds in your nominated account on the due date. If your financial institution
rejects your payment, we will send a letter to your postal address advising you of our next actions. Your financial
institution may charge you a fee if they reject your payment. In addition, we may also apply a dishonoured
- We reserve the right to stop or cancel any direct debit arrangements after three rejections in a row. We will send
you written notice to your postal address.
- If you wish to question or dispute a debit deduction, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us
on 1800 245 092.
- If you change your account bank details and want to keep using direct debit, please complete the online form on
our website or visit a Power and Water customer service centre.
- You can cancel the direct debit arrangement by completing the online form or visiting a Power and Water
customer service centre.
- If you move properties the direct debit attached to that property will need to be cancelled and a new direct debit
arrangement set up at the new property. You can do this by completing the online form or visiting a Power and
Water customer service centre.
We collect and manage the personal information you provide in accordance with the Information Act 2015. We will
not disclose the information you give us to any other party except where permitted by law. By applying for direct debit
you consent to us using your personal information to deduct payments. The bank may require such information to be
provided in the event of a claim or in relation to an alleged or wrongful debit.
If you wish to contact us about anything relating to this agreement please contact us:
postal: Customer Service Centre
Power and Water Corporation
GPO Box 3596
Darwin NT 0801